Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pictures of our new apartment--back from November!

We are a little late in posting this. We were kind of busy with Prague and the Christmas events that we didn't have time for it. So here it is.

We moved into a new apartment right before Thanksgiving Break. Our old place was okay but we needed to get out of there. It was in a "sketchy" part of town and no where near where we worked so we asked for a change. Our contact found us this new place and we like it much better so far. I only walk 10 minutes to my school. Also we are right by the Tram so it is a quick and frequent ride back into the main square whenever we need it. 


Our "Living Room" 
Our living room. This group of couches
 was bound together when we arrived
 and we just left it. I call it our "sultans Layer".
 We chill on it when we watch TV on our laptop. 
My closet and our book shelf. 
The balcony that goes out from our living room. 
Our much nicer and larger drying rack! 
Our little washer and sink. I was standing
 in the tub when I took this picture

Our hallway. Our Colbert bag is ready
 for us to take to the grocery. We love
the looks we get when we are using it. :) 
Exiting to the central stairs in our building.  
The way out.

Another fun "shelf toilet."

Our much larger kitchen.

Another small fridge.

Our bedroom and Dana's closet.

One of the snowy views from our balcony.

Dana and I have also lost weight. We have eaten less and walked much more than we did back home. Also we don't eat Blue Bell Ice Cream all the time. :) I have been surprised every time I have put on my clothes and they feel looser. I tried on my shorts from the summer and Dana said she had to take a picture.


Being weird for the picture as not to look uncomfortable :)
Dana is too shy to take a picture showing her stuff. But she looks great! We are both excited to move back and not feel weird in a swim suit. I also don't feel like a wad of lard running around when I play tennis here.  - By Ben

1 comment:

  1. nice blog and interesting. I'd like to get there too and teach, who knows, maybe one day.
    how much an apartment like yours in the area sells for?
    what do you do for fun? where do you play tennis? can you tell more about your teaching days? thanks and best to you guys.
    New Yorker

    ReplyDelete