Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wrapping up my Hungarian Tennis Experience

I have had the chance to play tennis a few times with one of my students, Balazs. I have gotten to play on clay for the first time while here. I enjoy clay but I still have to get used to the sliding. I end up jumping during shots to avoid sliding. It is not the greatest technique in the world and Nadal would have a field day with me :). I do miss hard courts and the speed. What can I say, I am an American:). However, sometimes I have appreciated the slower pace. I also got the chance to play in a snow covered bubble in the dead of winter. That was a little weird because I remember playing and coaching outside in January back in Texas. It has been a lot of fun and I cannot thank Balazs enough for playing with me.

A few weeks ago Dana came with me and took some photographs of us playing. It was a great match and she had fun watching me get frustrated :). Here are the pictures, I apologize because there are a lot of me serving:

It was a beautiful day.



















Here is Balazs serving.



Doing a backhand slice after a point.






I had a great time as always playing with Balazs. Tomorrow will be the last time we play before we leave for home. I will miss playing here. However, I am looking forward to the hard court I am used to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment