Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Stories Of Spring

Spring Is Here!
The weather is finally warming up here in Hungary. This last week it has been in the high 50's and low 60's. Perfect spring weather if you ask me. One of the best parts of spring is seeing everyone wear lighter clothes. The old winter coats are put up and replaced by colorful windbreakers and trench coats. Also my boots (with holes) have officially been retired. Now my feet feel so much lighter in tennis shoes or converse shoes. Between wearing less layers, a less heavy jacket and lighter shoes I feel like I've lost 10 pounds. Spring is the best diet ever!

DANA!
My nursery children are all very amusing. When I arrived at my nursery school today the children started chanting, "Dana, Dana, Dana" over and over. I did not encourage them in this, but I couldn't help but smile a little. The other nursery teachers found it a little less funny, but maybe they were just jealous that their names weren't being chanted. Besides, this is the closest feeling I'll get to being a 'rock star' with people calling my name so I might as well enjoy it. :)

Great Lesson.
Every week I try to come up with creative ideas for lessons. Sometimes my lessons are good and sometimes my lessons are good in theory, but turn out bad anyway. My lesson plan for this last week had all the right elements--writing, participation questions and a game. I was feeling confident, but like I said, you never know until you actually do it. Well, I did my lesson and after class one of my third graders came up to me smiling. He said, "Dana that was a great...(he pauses trying to find the right word) that was a great lesson!" I told him thank you and couldn't help, but feel a little proud too--it makes all those not so 'great' lessons not seem so bad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment