Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Monday, February 28, 2011

The death grip of winter

The death grip that winter has over Hungary does not seem to want to go away! I'm not going to lie, I've been spoiled having winters in Texas. Here in Hungary this week the average temperatures will be in the 30's (around 0 in Celsius) and in Texas it will be in the 70's (around the 20's in Celsius). Now we did sign up for this so I suppose we can't complain. But then again this is our blog, so why not!

Last week we went from completely dry sidewalks to thick snow. It snowed for 48 hours straight. All day Thursday and Friday we had nothing, but cold little pieces (____fill in your own expletive here____) of white fall down. Normally this would excite me, but now it just annoys me. Just when I thought we had finished with all the snow we get a ton of it! So in the tradition of making my readers suffer...if I have to see snow, then so do you. Enjoy the pictures if you dare.  :)


The University covered in evil fluffy white snow. 

Wouldn't be a photo montage of Debrecen without including
the Big Church. :)

Off to clear the roads with one shovel and some brooms?

Beautiful? 

I could hear the statue whisper, "Help me my face is cold."

Frozen lakes...again.

Also, I recently discovered that my boots are wearing thin and have holes forming. So not only do I need the snow to stop for my personal sanity, but for the sake of my footwear too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment