Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You say it doesn't snow much?

It started snowing last Thursday night with gusto. This was not your "I'm in a fairyland of snow" kind of snow. This was a "I'm gonna kick your ass" kind of snow. As in it was snowing so hard I had to use my umbrella as a shield at the bus stop. I love snow, but I think that's because in Texas it only snowed maybe once a year (if we were lucky). Here it snows everyday! I'm not kidding go check weather.com and look up Debrecen and you will see snow flurries predicted from now until April! Okay so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. But when we first arrived back in September we asked our contact if it snowed much in Debrecen. The answer was, "Oh no, not really maybe a little." Well, now we have come to find out that the people of Debrecen were comparing themselves to places like Germany, Austria, the Alps, and Russia. So yes, compared to those places Debrecen doesn't get much snow. But compared to Texas....let's just say everyday of work and school would be canceled until April. :)


Behind this haze of snow is the Church.

Mickey is going to have a cold night in those shorts. :)

The clock/temperature sign is frozen over....
can't be a good thing.

Ben enjoying the snow.

Freezing in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment