Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

GOOGLE!

I shake a figurative fist at Google today, while shouting "GOOGLE" (a la Stephen Colbert style). I wanted to post pictures of our first snow and of the Christmas lights around town...but I'm not allowed to! I have exceeded my 1 GB of storage space on Google/Blogger/Picasa. I had to purchase more space for pictures, but it takes 24 hours to kick in first. So dear readers you'll have to be content today with just words and no images.

Since we have been back from Thanksgiving break we have been working and getting adjusted to our new apartment. We moved right before the break to an apartment near the University section of town. We moved for many reasons (I won't go through them all on here) but we are happy to be in a new apartment and in a different part of Debrecen.

Teaching my kids since December started has been a bit tiring. This is my first year of teaching, but I was wondering if all kids go this crazy during this month? My kids are so wired on chocolate goodies, the anticipation of Santa and just general excitement that it makes teaching a challenge. Next week I will be doing holiday crafts and Christmas activities and I hope the kids will be able to handle it all.

Yesterday, I had my nursery kids decorate construction paper Christmas trees with ornament stickers my mom had sent me. They were so proud to show off their Christmas trees to their parents afterwards and the parents were impressed too. I'll be doing this craft with another nursery class tomorrow and I'll try and remember to take some pictures. Hopefully Google will be ready soon to let me post pictures again.

The hardest part of the Christmas holiday so far for me is (besides missing family and friends) is not getting to decorate a Christmas tree or do all the usual traditions I would do back home. Hmm...I may have to decorate my own construction paper Christmas tree to tied me over till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment