Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My First Real Fall...

For those who may not know, I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago until I was eleven years old. I loved Fall so much as a kid. The thrill of jumping in a pile of leaves, always made up for having to rake the leaves in the first place. I cherished the colors and the scents of crisp autumn air. These were all things that I had to give up when we moved to Texas. Not that Texas doesn't have a Fall...just not the same kind you get up north. In Texas it goes from being 80 degrees in October to a chilly 70 degrees in November...okay maybe 60 degrees, if your lucky. I remember my first Halloween in Texas I actually got sweaty! 

Well now that I am in Debrecen, I am experiencing my first real Fall since I was eleven! I wake up in the mornings and it's 38 degrees! I can actually see my breath. You only get this kind of cold once in a while in Texas, now I get it every day. I have to say I actually love it. However, the joke me and Ben have is, "Yeah we love this weather now...but just wait until January!" 

So we are indeed enjoying the weather now and on the weekends we try to take full advantage of it. We have been walking around Debrecen watching the leaves change and decided to take some pictures too. So for those who may be reading this in Texas...enjoy and be jealous. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment