Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blog about our time in Hungary.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Saturday In The Park

There are many beautiful parks in Debrecen and this last weekend we got to venture out to some new ones. A big forest with some lakes can be found on the outskirts of Debrecen. Me and Ben had wanted to visit it, but were not sure how to get there. Ben tutors a couple, and they offered to take us out to the area last Saturday.


Lookout tower.


Me and Ben

The view from the lookout tower was great!
You can see a little of one of the lakes.

This is Ferdi and his wife. They have been
 wonderful and incredibly welcoming to us.

Sign at the park.

Another one of the lakes at the park.

Artistic picture of a boat on the lake.

One of the bridges crossing a strait in the park.

Us in front of the bridge.


Fishing is very popular in Hungary. There were
many people fishing along the banks as we walked around.

We really enjoyed the day. It was nice to get out and get some fresh air! We may bike to the park in the near future as well. Ferdi offered to let us borrow their bicycles so we may just take him up on it.

3 comments:

  1. Where is this park? I didn't know it exsists. I feel stupid because I live here O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is on the eastern side of the city. It is called the Great Forest. I would google map it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's in the Great Forest? I will find it, I will go for a long walk with my dog (I hope he will like it)

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete